Hard disk connection problem


I had a 80 gb samsung hard disk(sata) and a samsung dvd drive connected to the IDE channel

recently i got a 40 gb samsung hard disk which is pata. I tried to connect both the hard disk at once.. i put the jumper on slave mode and connected it serial to the dvd drive. But when i boot the system boots from the 40 gb by default.

I have changed the priority of boot order and gave the 80 gb hard disk the first priority still of no use. I have a intel mother board. Now what i do is when the system is booting i press the F10 to choose the boot device and selects the 80gb hard disk but and i formatted the 40 gb after wards which had windows xp in. M using windows 7 though. But now i see that my dvd drive is not getting detected, it has power surging through it but its doesnt shows up in my computer.


i want to connect both the hard disk at the same time and want default boot from 80 bg sata disk
and i want my dvd drive to work. what should i do ?

No comments:

Post a Comment